Book this exhilarating and rewarding experience at the picturesque Yarra Ranges National Park! Conquer your fears as you make your decent off Ben Cairn, a popular cliff for abseiling located 1,000m above Warburton near the peak of Mount Donna Buang. At an elevation of 1250m Mount Donna Buang is the tallest peak closest to Melbourne, approximately a 75 minute drive from the CBD, and is a popular spot for outdoor adventures.
The abseiling site is accessed via a short 300m walk up a steep mountain track, which leads to a rocky outcrop with a heavily forested view looking out over the valley below. Our experienced guides will be with you to ensure your safety throughout the experience. They’ll kit you out with a harness and helmet, run you through a safety briefing, and demonstrate correct abseiling techniques. Once you’ve got a handle on the basics’ we will commence the activity progressing to a forward facing abseil if you dare!
Please note an alternative abseiling site is used during the winter months due to road closures. This activity is a great introduction to abseiling and is best suited for adventurers aged 10+.
- Round-trip transfers to and from the meet up location in Warburton
- Yarra Ranges National Park entrance fees
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Safety equipment and first aid kit
- All adventure equipment including personal helmet and harness
- Safety briefing
Not Inclusive Of:
- Meals and beverages
- Other personal expenses
- Travel or medical insurance
- Wear comfortable active wear
- Thermal top, jumper, beanie and gloves
- Climbing shoes, or closed toe shoes, sneakers or trainers
- Small day bag
- Water bottle / bladder and extra snacks
- Rain coat
- Personal medication
- Hand sanitiser and face mask
- A phone or camera for photos
Know Before You Book:
- Warburton Adventure Company is a Parks Victoria Licensed Tour Operator and is fully insured
- Children aged 10+ must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness.
- If you have back, neck, joint or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether or not to participate.
- This activity begins in Warburton, which is approximately 75 minutes from Melbourne. You must make your own way to the designated meeting point.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Price excludes credit card fees
3185 Warburton Hwy, Warburton VICGet Directions